About Me

My photo
First of all, my name is Courtney and I am 29 years old. I am married to a handsome fella named Chris, 34. I am a Canadian Military wife, and a very lucky stay at home mom of 3 great kids. A 6 Year old Boy, a 4 Year old Girl, and a 1 year old girl. We have a 2 year old Golden Retriever named Luke. I am fairly creative. I Love crafting, baking & photography. For many years I've wanted to start blogging, so here I am! It will host topics such as favourite recipes, parenting tips, Craft ideas...etc. I hope you enjoy! <3

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Shower (Boy)



So. My Cousin Lacey is expecting her second child. A boy this time! She already has an adorable little girl. Now I know baby showers aren't 'normally' thrown for 2nd, 3rd .... children, but since she is having a little guy this time around I thought it'd be fun. We are military wives and don't have alot of family around this area. We were very lucky that we both got posted to the same base. Anyway... here's what I did for her quaint little shower.

I wanted to give her something a little different as a gift. I googled a few ideas and found tons of those 'diaper cakes' but truthfully, I wasn't sure I could pull it off since I hadn't attempted it before. I found a site that had Diaper Bassinettes! How cute! Here's how it turned out...


First I took 15 diapers, lined them up and tied them together with yarn.
Repeat 2 more times. Then I lined them up (standing) and tied them again with the same yarn.
I used one more diaper (opened up) and used it as the 'hood'.
I used pins to keep the hood in place.
I folded up a receiving blanket and set it on top.
Tied it with ribbon and Tada!
Diaper Bassinette.


Next up... I had to figure out a way to 'use up' the other 3 receiving blankets that I had purchased.
Coffee filters, yarn (should have used ribbon) and rolled up blankies!
and Presto! Diaper 'cupcakes'!


Lots of snacks


Blue jello with cool whip :)


My first shot at Chocolate covered strawberries


I can't take credit for this delicious goodness.
I ordered these from Home Sweets Home.
Another great Military wife here on base.
So Good!


Seriously delish

All in all it was a nice day and I am happy that I am close enough to have thrown this shower for her.

~Courtney~

No comments:

Post a Comment