About Me

My photo
First of all, my name is Courtney and I am 29 years old. I am married to a handsome fella named Chris, 34. I am a Canadian Military wife, and a very lucky stay at home mom of 3 great kids. A 6 Year old Boy, a 4 Year old Girl, and a 1 year old girl. We have a 2 year old Golden Retriever named Luke. I am fairly creative. I Love crafting, baking & photography. For many years I've wanted to start blogging, so here I am! It will host topics such as favourite recipes, parenting tips, Craft ideas...etc. I hope you enjoy! <3

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Parenting 101 (Formula vs Breastfeeding)

I have 3 kids, and somedays... I'm not gonna lie, it feels more like 9, other days.. it's a breeze!
I am no expert, but I have had many many questions directed my way from new parents over the past 6 years. Many of you who are reading this have probably asked a few yourself!
Every now and then I will pick a topic and throw in my two cents.
Whether wrong or right, it's just that... MY opinion. :)


Topic Numero Uno
Formula vs Breastfeeding
*The great debate*

Ok, Ok so we ALL know that "Breast is best"... ya ya ya. That's fine and dandy but there are SO many things to consider when it comes to this topic, not just "what is best for babies in general".

Ask yourself this: Do you WANT to do it? Or are you just doing it because it's socially expected of you?

If you Don't want to then DO NOT LET ANYONE pressure you into doing it if you don't want to! This is YOUR decision and NO one elses... sorry husband... not even yours.

I know I was weirded out by the whole thing to begin with. The thought of it made me shudder more than the thought of childbirth! When they handed me my beautiful cone headed baby boy after delivery, the nurse asked, "Are you ready to try breastfeeding him?" and I thought, OMG I have to tell the nurses that I don't want to breastfeed. They are going to think I'm selfish. They are going to think that I don't want the best thing for my new baby. I felt judged within the first 5 minutes of them handing him to me. Once I said, "I want to bottle feed" The 2 nurses looked at eachother and made it very  obvious that they were disgusted by my decision. After being FORCED into "Just trying it" for 3 days with no success I snapped.

Guess what? I've had 3 kids... all formula fed. They are healthy, brilliant children and I am proud of myself for sticking to my guns. (Even though I had 4 or 5 nurses feel me up for a few days - again - shudders*)

-Courtney-

No comments:

Post a Comment