About Me

My photo
First of all, my name is Courtney and I am 29 years old. I am married to a handsome fella named Chris, 34. I am a Canadian Military wife, and a very lucky stay at home mom of 3 great kids. A 6 Year old Boy, a 4 Year old Girl, and a 1 year old girl. We have a 2 year old Golden Retriever named Luke. I am fairly creative. I Love crafting, baking & photography. For many years I've wanted to start blogging, so here I am! It will host topics such as favourite recipes, parenting tips, Craft ideas...etc. I hope you enjoy! <3

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Goodnight"



Husband says, "I'm going to bed"... quick kiss goodnight, bathroom break, and he's gone.

Wife says, "Ya, me too"...

you stand up, stretch, and walk to the bathroom. Pee, Wash hands, & brush your teeth.
On the way past the kitchen, you remember that the dishwasher needs to be turned on. You turn it on. You remember to turn off the outdoor light, wipe off the counter for the 43rd time that day. You check the fridge on the way past to make sure you've packed the lunches, yep ... you did.
Pick up a stray socks that someone must have kicked off earlier.
Double check to make sure the doors are locked.
Realize that that basket of laundry you brought up hasn't been folded yet. You fold it.


Figure you should check in on your old pal Facebook before night end...
I mean, it HAS been an hour. Might have some messages. Nope. Sign out.
Turn off all the lights... inhale. Stretch again. Start to walk up the stairs.
Walk past the bathroom. Decide you'd better pluck any stray eyebrow hairs now before you go to bed since you definately won't have time before you take the kids to school in the morning. Time for the pre-sleep pee.
Sneak down the hall so you don't (god forbid) wake up a kid.
Finally end up in your bedroom 45 minutes after you told the husband you were going to 'be right there', only to realize that your husband, who's been sleeping for a solid 30 minutes by now has rolled halfway onto your side. You slide into bed and hope to god everyone sleeps through the night.



No? Just me? Ok.

-Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Nope, not just you. Not just you at all. In fact that pretty much sums up every night pretty much to the T for me.

    ReplyDelete