About Me

My photo
First of all, my name is Courtney and I am 29 years old. I am married to a handsome fella named Chris, 34. I am a Canadian Military wife, and a very lucky stay at home mom of 3 great kids. A 6 Year old Boy, a 4 Year old Girl, and a 1 year old girl. We have a 2 year old Golden Retriever named Luke. I am fairly creative. I Love crafting, baking & photography. For many years I've wanted to start blogging, so here I am! It will host topics such as favourite recipes, parenting tips, Craft ideas...etc. I hope you enjoy! <3

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Quick Make up Routine



You wake up a little later than usual because you were up 3 times with a teething baby last night. You have about 7 minutes while the kids eat their breakfast to 'put on your face'. No problem. 7 minutes is plenty of time.

Some people go out without makeup on, and that's fine for them, but I can't imagine leaving the house like that. Perhaps that's vanity, or probably more like a self confidence issue... oh well, that's for another Blog entry.
So here goes.

*I'm adding photos of my personal faves right now*

Step 1: Wash your face, and apply a moisturizer.


Step 2: Apply your favourite concealer/foundation & powder.
Concealers come in stick, wand, tube or pots. Great for camouflaging under-eye circles and blemishes. Some women use foundation as their concealer—it’s really a matter of personal choice. Finish with powdered bronzer to blend in the concealer and foundation, and to control shine.



Step 3: Eyelids. Apply a pencil to your upper lash line, the outer corner only. If you are really short on time, at least apply a light coloured eyeshadow to brighten up the eye area. Apply to the inner corner of the eye, then dot on centre of eyelid and under eyebrow arch.




Step 4: Lashes. Curl those lashes, quick! Hold the eyelash curler for five seconds on each eye, then apply mascara. A very black mascara looks good on everyone. I think the eyelashes are the most important part of a makeup routine.


Step 5: Blush. Using a blush brush, smile and apply powder blush to the apples of the cheeks, keeping most of the product on the high part of the cheekbones. Blend up toward hairline, then down, swirling the brush to blend.



Step 6: Gloss. Throw on some of your favourite tinted gloss and that's it!


You really will feel a hundred times better if you take those few minutes to put on a bit of makeup. Believe me.
 
 -Courtney-

No comments:

Post a Comment